Company Name: Pew Charitable Trusts
Position Title: Associate I, Operations Planning and Budget (Hybrid)
Location: Washington, Dist. Columbia, United States 20001
Associate I, Operations Planning and Budget (Hybrid)
Washington, Dist. Columbia, United States 20001
This position is eligible to work remotely up to 60% of the time.
Pew's Finance department is committed to serving as an excellent steward of financial resources; providing accurate, reliable, timely, and cost-effective finance and accounting related products and services; and delivering extraordinary customer service on a sustained basis.
The Finance department desires to ensure each position is fully aligned with Pew's mission, strategic priorities and results-oriented culture; and filled by a person with the competencies, skills, experience, and adaptability necessary to deliver extraordinary results on a sustained basis. The Finance department strives to provide a great workplace for competent, highly motivated, and results-oriented people whose leadership qualities and core values align with the Pew's high-performing and mission-driven culture.
Pew's Finance department is comprised of two areas, (1) Controller and (2) Planning and Budgeting, Contracts and Procurement, and Treasury Services. Controller is comprised of (I) accounting and financial reporting and (ii) payroll and payment services. Planning and Budgeting, Contracts and Procurement, and Treasury Services is comprised of (i) planning and budgeting for program and operations; (ii) institutional reporting; (iii) contract and procurement services; (iv) grant management; and (v) investment management and banking services.
The Associate I, Operations Planning and Budget reports to and supports the Manager, Operations Planning and Budget in providing operations units with full-service budgeting and financial services. The Associate I will work directly with the operations area's staff to create and monitor the budgets and forecasts; provide accurate and timely financial reporting; ensure compliance with adopted policies and procedures and donor reporting requirements; and provide a high level of customer service to management and operation staff. In addition, the Associate I will serve in a cross-cutting capacity, supporting Program Planning and Budget as needed.
The ideal candidate will possess strong customer service skills, possess excellent interpersonal and communications skills, have relevant nonprofit accounting and finance knowledge and experience, including budgeting, and financial analysis; be detail oriented; work well in a team environment; possess strong problem-solving and Excel skills; and enjoy learning about the business as it grows and applying this knowledge to process improvements.
- Deliver high quality customer service to customers and develop strong relationships with identified customers.
- Develop and maintain knowledge about Pew's accounting, finance, budgeting, donor, procurement, and contracting policies, procedures, and practices (e.g. commitment authority, spending authority, expense policies, foreign currency policy, month-end and year-end close processes, financial code/chart of accounts); and remain current as new policies, procedures, and practices are implemented.
- Work with operations staff, with assistance as necessary from more senior staff, to create or modify revenue and expense budgets for executive review and approval
- Create and maintain budget templates; educate operations staff as necessary on how to complete budget templates and interpret budget revenue and spending guidance; and ensure the timely and accurate upload of all budget templates into the appropriate PeopleSoft modules.
- Work with operations staff, including Directors and Senior Directors, to monitor actual revenues and expenses against budget; explain material budget variances; highlight areas of concern and propose options to address these concerns; and perform analytics to inform timely and accurate decision-making.
- Work with operations staff to build and maintain forecasts.
- Work in a cross-cutting capacity supporting Program Planning and Budget by preparing monthly reclasses, preparing budget uploads, and tying out monthly financial statements, budgets, forecasts, and other documents as needed.
- Apply knowledge of PeopleSoft financial management and reporting system (including chart fields) to the responsibilities of the position.
- Establish effective working relationships with staff members throughout Pew and assist in special projects as assigned.
- Conduct ongoing evaluations and refinement of business processes to ensure accurate and timely support and problem resolution to internal customers. Develop and maintain support procedures to ensure effective problem resolution, promptness, reliability of service, and customer satisfaction.
- Develop a broad knowledge of finance-related acumen. Participate in conferences, seminars and other professional development activities to keep expertise current.
- Bachelor's degree in finance or accounting, or equivalent experience is required.
- A minimum of one year of progressively responsible accounting/finance experience is required.
- Strong Excel skills required.
- PeopleSoft Financials experience a plus.
- Business process improvement experiences a plus.
- Strong analytical and customer services skills are required.
- Exceptional written, oral, interpersonal and presentation skills including the ability to effectively interface with staff and management.
This position does not require travel.
We offer a competitive salary and benefit program, including: comprehensive, affordable health care through medical, dental, and vision coverage; financial security with life and disability insurance; opportunities to save using health savings and flexible spending accounts; retirement benefits to help prepare for the future; and work/life benefits to maintain a good balance.
The Pew Charitable Trusts is an equal opportunity employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Pew considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to age, sex, ethnicity, religion, disability, marital status, sexual orientation or gender identity, military/veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
Apply Here: https://www.click2apply.net/X7zxWmuVyJ8geCQ6NHjeD6
How to Apply: