Senior Accounts Assistant
Jefferson City, Missouri 65101 United States
The Office of Administration, Division of Accounting (OA-DOA) seeks a qualified professional for the Information Technology Services Division (ITSD) Purchasing and Accounts Payable unit within OA-DOA.
We are seeking a proactive team player to assist ITSD and the 14 consolidated state agencies with the purchasing and payable needs related to IT equipment and services.
What you’ll do:
- Review requests for purchase from 14 consolidated state agencies.
- Prepare purchase orders using MissouriBuys and SAMII accounting systems.
- Process invoices for payment using MissouriBuys and SAMII accounting systems.
- Enter journal vouchers for payment corrections and modifications.
- Prepare cash deposits for refunds from vendors to state funds.
- Review, analyze and prepare fixed asset documents to determine asset value; entering new assets and removing disposed assets per state statute.
- Assist with other duties as assigned.
- Excellent communication, time management, and organizational skills.
- Outstanding attention to detail, analytical skills, and reporting capabilities.
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities and complete tasks with a sense of urgency.
- Working knowledge of the SAM II Financial System and MissouriBUYS.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Access and Excel is desired, but not required.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships within the unit and with other OA divisions.
- Working knowledge of accounting principles and practices and ability to apply them to varied
- Accounting transactions
Experience and Education
- Two or more years of financial experience with a governmental agency or a private sector accounting, finance or brokerage firm. OR
- A Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with a minimum of 15 earned credit hours in Accounting. (Business or governmental accounting experience (above entry level) involving the maintenance or recording of financial data may substitute on a year-for-year basis for deficiencies in the required college education.)
More reasons to love this position:
The State of Missouri offers an excellent benefits package that includes a defined pension plan, generous amounts of leave and holiday time, and eligibility for health insurance coverage. Your total compensation is more than the dollars you receive in your paycheck. To help demonstrate the value of working for the State of Missouri, we have created an interactive Total Compensation Calculator. This tool provides a comprehensive view of benefits and more that are offered to prospective employees. The Total Compensation Calculator and other applicant resources can be found here.
If you have questions about this position please contact:
The State of Missouri is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Apply Here: https://www.click2apply.net/JBPn1WiQVm6YbuoRpF78dB
How to Apply: