Associate I, Contracts and Procurement Services
Washington, Dist. Columbia, 20001, United States
The team's primary responsibilities are to work with Program teams to develop and execute grant and fee-for-service agreements. The Associate I is the primary contact for a diverse portfolio of Trust Operated Projects (TOPs). The Associate I ensures agreements are completed within the service level agreements; are of a high professional standard; contain deliverables that are clear; payment schedules that are appropriate; terms are appropriately negotiated; and the agreement mitigates risks to Pew.
The Associate I completes competitive bids for his/her respective TOPs as needed. This role requires the candidate to develop an understanding of institutional and program-specific policies and procedures, foster strong relationships across program and functional areas, communicate regularly with providers, and maintain knowledge of the organization.
The Associate I, Contracts and Procurement Services position will be based in Pew's Washington, DC office and reports to a Manager, Contracts and Procurement Services.
- Works proactively to determine when there is a need for a contract, contract extension, amendment, or renewal.
- Supports vendor selection by assisting with the competitive Request for Proposals/Quotes/Information (RFx) process to facilitate provider selection. This may include developing proposal solicitation strategies and coordinating the distribution and/or collection of vendor submissions.
- Reviews and completes documents to comply with Pew's policies and procedures. Ensures deliverables and statements of work comply with Pew policies and are clear. Ensures agreement budgets have been analyzed and are reasonable.
- Leads purchase requisition process, including: providing market pricing information in support of rates; helping to properly document how contract budgets are derived; assisting with writing basic scopes of work and deliverables when requested and linking payment schedules to deliverables when appropriate; evaluating requisition packages for completeness and proper pre-approvals and sign-offs.
- Creates contract and grant packages, including: obtaining all necessary and relevant documents from the vendor; facilitating the review, approval and execution of final contract and grant documents by authorized Pew and vendor signers;
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in contracting, procurement and grants administration experience.
- Experience creating contractual arrangements and financial management, including analyzing budgets and pricing.
- Experience adhering to agreed-upon cycle-times and customer expectations.
- Knowledge of and demonstrated proficiency in the use of the Microsoft Office suite of products (specifically Word and Excel) and electronic calendar systems (specifically Outlook).
- Self-directed and accepts full responsibility for completing assignments and resolving issues. Ability to think proactively, take initiative and see tasks through to completion with appropriate follow-up.
- Keen attention to detail and outstanding organizational skills. Experience balancing multiple priorities, organize time and work autonomously on discrete projects.
- Strong written and oral communications skills, including demonstrated ability to summarize complicated issues in a clear, effective writing and presentation style.
This position does not require travel.
We offer a competitive salary and benefit program, including: comprehensive, affordable health care through medical, dental, and vision coverage; financial security with life and disability insurance; opportunities to save using health savings and flexible spending accounts; retirement benefits to help prepare for the future; and work/life benefits to maintain a good balance.
The Pew Charitable Trusts is an equal opportunity employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Pew considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to age, sex, ethnicity, religion, disability, marital status, sexual orientation or gender identity, military/veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
Apply Here: https://www.click2apply.net/eowklPulNPyKskd8H8dRN
How to Apply: https://www.click2apply.net/eowklPulNPyKskd8H8dRN